O leg correction
The orthodontic methods of type O leg include: surgery, instrument, splint, bandage, exercise, correct insole, etc.
Folding 1. Surgical correction
The surgery was adapted to patients with type O legs that were very heavy, or who had developed osteoarthritis and joint pain. The benefits of surgery are passive treatment, immediate corrective action, no need for perseverance and persistence. The defect is that the surgical technique is different, and most of them require osteotomy.
1. External fixation plus inverted u-shaped tibia tubercle osteotomy.
Advantages this method basically has: osteotomy operation is simple, safe and rapid bone healing is not prone to delayed union, using external fixator is easy to master plastic corrective Angle, accurate, can make the bone healing Angle adjustment is convenient. During the treatment, the patient can move down to the ground without atrophy of the lower limb muscles.
2. Inverted u-shaped tibial tubercle osteotomy was performed.
According to statistics, the total correction rate of type O leg deformity can reach more than 96%.
Folding ii. Non-surgical correction
The principles are basically the same, both by relaxing the medial collateral ligament of the knee joint and restoring the stable structure of the inner and outer part of the knee joint. So that the tibia external rotation, to achieve the goal of correction.
Non-surgical correction method, the advantage is low cost, risk is small, defect is active treatment, effective is slow, need long-term persistence. No perseverance can achieve the purpose of correction.
1. The correction of splint and leggings is simple and feasible. The ligaments at the knee joint are adjusted by the pressure generated by splint and binding. The advantage is to need not operation, easy to operate, the disadvantage is to need to insist, and splint and bind easily make the blood vessel of knee joint place, nerve causes injury, serious person causes nerve necrosis.
2. The instrument also adjusts the medial and lateral ligaments of the knee joint. The disadvantage is that active treatment is required, and the length of the correction period should be determined according to the patient's constitution and perseverance, which is much higher than the cost of splint and binding. The advantage is to avoid the damage to the blood vessels and nerves in the knee joint.
3, high corrective insoles insoles correction is the lateral and medial low, when walking, standing, can give a leg outward rotating power, can prevent because of bad walk. leads to the formation of a type O leg is aggravating and. Convenient to use, but effective for patients with mild O leg, not for patients with high O leg degree.
4. Exercise "O" legs through the exercise of the correction methods are as follows:
(1) stand upright and keep your feet together. Hold your hands on your knees and do two knee squats in front of you 20 to 3O times.
(2) bend over and do the left and right circular movements with two hands on your knees 20 to 30 times.
(3) slightly open feet, bend over, hold hands and knees together and do two knee to knee exercises. Each stop takes 10 seconds, 5-10 times.
Stand with your feet parallel. First, the heel is taken as the axis to do the toe extension and internal rotation movement; Take toe as axis again, do heel outspread and inside spin motion, do 20 ~ 30 times respectively.
(5) sit in a chair and try to hold the book between your legs for a while. The effect is even more pronounced when two knees are tied together with a rubber band.
(6) kneel and sit on your lap, collapse, and slowly move your feet outward, straightening your waist. Do it 15 to 20 times.
(7) squats, and her hands rested on her hips, and upper body upright, legs open 15 -- 20 cm, toes slightly outward, inhale slowly squat two genu draws close, as far as possible the squat and stop for a minute, feel the leg muscles tight. Slowly open your knees as you exhale, stand upright and repeat 10 times. Knee and thigh close when squat, it is very effective to correct O - leg. Lower back squats are as good as possible.
O leg prevention and prevent the increase is very important, in addition to congenital and type O leg caused organic disease, most of the other type O leg is due the day after tomorrow's bad habits (kneeling, sitting cross-legged, sports, walking, etc.). Attention should be paid to these in daily life to avoid the formation of type O legs. Even for patients who have been corrected by various methods, attention should be paid to all kinds of bad habits and avoid the recurrence of leg types.
External fixation treatment of folded O legs
Genu varus deformity (D, O shape legs) is a common lower limb deformities, patients are teenagers, usually on one or both sides lower limbs, including causes rickets (childhood and youth), epiphyseal necrosis or epiphyseal dysplasia. Genu varus not only affect the appearance, and lead to lower limb negative gravity line transfer, secondary tension can be lateral ligament relaxation, stress of lateral ligament contracture, degenerative arthritis, patellar dislocation and patella softening, and can cause corresponding all kinds of symptoms. Although the diagnosis is not difficult, it is an important clinical work for orthopaedic doctors to find out the reasons for the location, direction and severity of the malformation and choose appropriate treatment.
In older patients with severe deformities, orthopaedic surgery is often required, and satisfactory orthopaedic effect depends on careful preoperative surgical design. Knee pronation is accompanied by internal tibia rotation deformity, unilateral may cause limb shortening, bilateral may cause short stature. Surgery should be corrected simultaneously. For the special cause of knee pronation (such as low phosphorus anti-d nephrotic rickets), often need medical treatment, after the condition is stable, it is feasible to osteotomy orthopedic surgery.
Traditional treatment of genu varus, often crus of the lateral incision, wedge cut upper tibia bone, fibula do oblique cut bone in different plane, again with the needle was l-shaped plates (or cross internal fixation, and attached to external fixation of plaster tube type.
Folding O leg orthopedics
1. Eight-step correction method. Take a step backwards, pay attention to landing on your heels and walking straight. Take eight steps at a time.
2. How to exercise the inner muscles of the legs: feet should be shoulder-width apart, feet should be slightly buckled, and knees should be squat and stand up. Group 20 times, 2 to 4 times a day. You don't have to squat down completely.