Numerous people simply suppose that an O- leg (knee varus) is a fraudulent leg. Indeed some non-specialist croakers have this kind of nonprofessional’s understanding.
Knee varus is far from simple. From the professional literature, we can see that knee varus is divided into mechanical varus of the tibia with altered bone quality and varus caused by soft towel imbalance. Utmost people do not know the ultimate, so they roughly conclude that O- legs can not be corrected.
Bone changes can not be corrected by physical styles, but an inversion of the soft towel imbalance can be changed. Indeed for surgical correction of knee varus, the degree of correction that can be corrected by the system of soft towel balance accounts for72.1, that is, the utmost of the degree can be changed.
The following is how to judge the inflexibility of O- legs
1. For utmost people with O- shaped legs, the inflexibility of”O- shaped legs” can be judged by the distance between the knees. This system doesn’t involve knowledge of the body, so it’s suitable for the utmost people. The distance between the knees of mild O- legs is lower than 3 cm. Moderate O- legs are 3-5 cm between the knees. But if the distance is further than 5 cm, also it’s a serious O- leg. The disadvantage of this system of judgment is that the conclusion isn’t veritably accurate or scientific. In the long-term correction exploration and practice, it’s a plant that some conclusions drawn through this system aren’t harmonious.
2. The common O- legs are accompanied by different degrees of internal gyration of the shanks. Different degrees of internal gyration of the ham refer to the internal gyration of the femur. The internal gyration of the femur is directly responsible for the bending of the lower leg or the gyration of the tibia. Thus, to determine the inflexibility of the”O- shaped leg”, the gyration of the femur is one of the contents that need to be considered. Or relate to the gyration of the femur when making judgments.
3. Observing the ham bone, that is, the gyration of the femur is also one of the styles to judge inflexibility.
The system is simple when standing naturally, observe the direction of the knees. Normal people’s legs, when standing naturally, the direction of the knees should be forward or slightly outward, and the knees can be brought together. But if the distance between the two knees is 3 cm-5 cm, and the knees are rotated inward or outward to a certain angle, it’s serious.
Numerous girls watch about their leg shapes. They don’t dare to wear skirts if they don’t look good. To ameliorate their leg shapes, numerous videotape bloggers are now tutoring everyone on how to train their legs to look good. Are these styles effective? See what the croaker said.
The O- shaped leg we generally call is called”knee varus” in drug. It’s a disfigurement in which the inner ankles of the two bases can touch but the knees can not be brought together when the lower branches are naturally uncurled or standing. Generally, it’s caused by malnutrition or intestinal conditions during the experimental period of the lack of nutrients similar as calcium and phosphorus, performing in cadaverous development diseases and bone deformation. However, it’ll not only dock the leg length but also seriously affect your particular image, If you, unfortunately, have O- shaped legs. Also, what should I do if I’ve O- shaped legs? Can it be corrected by exercise?
Generally speaking, if it’s an O- leg, the following styles can be used to correct it
1. Acclimate walking posture. People with O- legs walk with their toes pointing outwards. When walking, the legs will ply force outwards. The knee joints will be unfit to come together due to the outside force of the knee joints. So learn to acclimate the walking posture and shift the center of graveness. Put on the inner side of the leg. When walking, the body is upright, the tummy is uncurled, the eyes are straight ahead, the arms are relaxed on both sides of the body to swing naturally, the toes are slightly extended outward or straight forward, and the step is true. Constantly confirming the capital will effectively correct the O- leg.
2. Do plank support. The elbows are fraudulent and supported on the ground, the shoulders and elbow joints are vertical to the ground, the bases are stepped on the ground, the body is off the ground, the torso is uncurled, the head, shoulders, hips, and ankles are kept in the same airplane, and the abdominal muscles are tensed. Keep your eyes on the ground and breathe unevenly.
3. Do a comforting exercise for the plantar fascia. Inordinate pressure of the plantar fascia can fluently lead to uneven force on the ankle and knee joints. You can ameliorate the O- leg by doing plantar fascia relaxation exercises. Step on the tennis ball with one bottom barefoot, sluggishly move the center of graveness to the bottom of the ball, move the bottom of the ball reverse and forth to make the ball roll on the sole of the bottom in the front and back direction, maintain the movement for 30 to 60 seconds, change the bottom to do the repeated movement.
4. Surgical treatment. Surgical treatment is suitable for very severe O-legs, or patients who have been complicated with osteoarthritis and have arthralgia can use external fixator plus tibial tuberosity inverted U-shaped osteotomy. This surgical osteotomy is simple, safe, fast bone healing, not prone to delayed healing, in addition, the bone healing angle can be accurate and the adjustment is convenient. In addition, it can also be corrected by splinting, leggings, orthopedic insoles, etc., and the ligaments at the knee joint can be adjusted through the pressure generated by the splint and binding. The orthopedic insole is high on the outside and low on the inside. It can give the calf a force to rotate outward when walking or standing and can prevent O-legs from getting worse due to poor walking posture.
Minor poor leg shape can be used to change the appearance of discomfort through exercise. However, healthy and correct methods must be adopted and not excessive exercise. For severe O-shaped legs, you need to go to the hospital to consult a doctor for treatment.